Friday, March 9, 2007

AWAKEN!

I wrote this years ago and thought I'd throw it into the blog, my attempt at being my own personal activist

For all my friends out there trying to fight the odds
For all the young out there saying NO to the urge to rob
To get richer by taking detours through life
But instead chose to strive
Through tight situations however rife
I say keep keeping on
One day you'll get yours just be patient
These words of wisdom I speak are ancient
Like the pyramids that stand today in Egypt
You'll rise tall and smile because you know you're legit
And stand proud like every sire
While the crowds lift you higher
Singing your glory,
They'll tell your story
To generations yet unborn
But!
Watch out! The evil ones are all around you
They call themselves your friends
But turn your back and they deny you
Watch out! Coz now I see them their eyes are red
Watch out! Coz they will shoot you and won't stop til you're dead
Today they venerate
Tomorrow they'll denigrate
And if you cry for help they'll integrate
Your secret fears
To penetrate your defenses
And hope to God that you will lose your senses.
I say absolve yourself!
You've paid your dues. Now friend remove yourself
Live life, climb to the top and be your own man
This day was your end since your story began
You rose above the cycle of living in futility
What they called pride you called mental agility
Puerilities that all they know so how can
They congregate in your vicinity?
I think not. You go get yours my friend
God bless you.

2 comments:

Omar Ramon said...

FLY poem. *APPLAUSE* Thanx for the compliment to. i'm glad you enjoy me. I'll be visiting your corner of blogopia more often now that I know of you.

Naijadude said...

Nice and lovely, dude u are good eh!

Wetin dey now? U suppose don call me ooh!