Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Super-size me!

Started going to the gym this week after months of puting this off. I've always been very self conscious about my body. Growing up, everyone, father and mother included made fun of the fact that I was skinny. I mean I tried, I just couldn't be morphed into the gluttunous rounded jello-filled mess they wanted me to become. I ate what was provided and ok maybe sometimes I had to be threatened with life behind the dinner table in order for me to lick my plate clean but I don't think that's abnormal for a 6 year old kid. Kids that age don't eat much ... right? They called me BOB short for "bag of bones" and while I'm sure they didn't mean any harm, things like that linger and brood in a kids mind. I havn't stopped thinking of myself as skinny and to be honest, I can't say that I'm not. I still find it extremely hard to put on weight. Right now I'm 5'9 170lbs, probably a healthy weight but I want BIGGER!!

I walked past the gym entrance, took a peek in and kept on walking. WHAT THE HELL!! There were machines and cables and thingys that made people on them move funny. I thought, there's no way i'm going in there, I mean I've been in my fair share of dumb situations but those situations happened randomly without my foresight. I could absolutely see potential for a bonefide donkey moment where I start using a machine to work on my legs and someone taps me over the shoulder to tell me it's not for my bloody legs, its for the upper frigging pecs!

I came up with a plan wouldn't you know it! Turned right around, stuck my chest out, head held high and walked in that gym like I owned the place, went straight to a bench that stuck out of some wierd contraption, pulled out my cellphone to "check my text messages" while I surveyed the place. Dumbbells over to the left, check! barbells front and center, check! damn that machine really isolates his ass, check! check! check! Anyways, I figured how to use most of the machines by watching others use them and I have to tell you, it was not only physically stimulating, it was a visual delight. Some of the male specimens on display looked like angels in a dirty sinners paradise.

3 days a week until it bores me. Hopefull that'll be after I gain 10lbs.

My thoughts, right now!
sometimes i feel my mind is far older than my body. i've been on emotional roller coasters with dips so low it made my inside feel they'd come out of my nether end. heaven must be real, if the universe balances it's scales, positive has negative, up has down, cold..hot, my hellish life must mean there is a heavenly after life.

5 comments:

Mamarita said...

Talking about making the best of a bad situation eh...there's a website you should check out: http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/90 it walks you through workouts and things.
Might I suggest weigh protein, something about it helps you get bulky....But remember too much bulk is...well....you know.... NOT GOOD:)

BlackGirl said...

Getting your "summer body" ready? :)

It seems like you're what they call a "hard gainer". You'll need to eat more--clean food though--and lift heavy. M&F is a good mag to pick up. Just don't hurt ya'self. :)

Thanks for stopping by to wish me well. Did you join the group at school?

Naijadude said...

We rock the same boat buddy. I find it real hard to gain weight, its a battle I chose to ignore...u will be fine1 Just keep being you!

chidi said...

i wish i found it hard to gain weight

Omar Ramon said...

well, if you're not comfy in ya own skin, then study up on healthy ways to gain weight and go for it "until it bores" you.

but remember you're essentially a naturally slim guy and there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm naturally big...broad shoulders/chest/back, thick legs and all. I can run,and diet, and lift til I'm red in the face....but I'm never gonna be a skinny dude. *shrugs* I've learned to accept it. Work on developing the healthiest "you" that you can!