Thursday, October 25, 2007

Here comes the army of one...in pink!

My mind is made up, I will do it. I'm going to my first gay gathering this evening. I'll be going alone but I won't chicken out. No I won't. I'm going to stick around school after classes and then around 7:45pm I'm going to get in my car and drive over to the cultural center. I won't stand outside and debate the consequences of this debut nor will I pretend to have happened across the meeting by chance. No. I will enter as though my balls were made of smooth cold brass, without a doubt in my mind that here, amongst these "queers", was where I intended to spend the evening.

Somone might say "What's that walking in here?" And another might add "Walks like no gay man I've ever seen." That's all well and good. My hair may be a bit messy and my goatee a week too old and my clothes, lack a coordination that might embarrass a clown or two. But when they get to know me, the thoughts that run through my pink, flowery mind, there will be no denying my intrinsic flair for all things fabulous.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Go with an open mind. U never can tell, it just might go well.

Anonymous said...

No..don't do it. Stay away...the devil is no good.

cally-waffybabe said...

I'm glad you used the word, "when they get to know me". Just be youself dude. Good luck. I hope it all turns out well for you.

Hugs
xxx

P.S.
And i replied you in your previous post. LOL.

Admin UD said...

Gluck...something tells me you're gonna be needing it ;)

Tyson said...

When you are comfortable with yourself the world succombs to your every command. You develop a heightened level of self-esttem and confidence. It's wonderful. I encourage you to keep doing what you're doing

Anonymous said...

how'd it go?

psykotikdiva said...

goodluck and let us know how it goes.

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Oi Zebra, how'd it go?

Funnily enough I discovered a local one here too. Its every Monday.. but I have an image of old ugly men and me being the only young pretty one... and an image of sharks rushing towards me pops into my head.

Omar Ramon said...

o lawd he is goin to gather with the gays!!

hope it wasn't too ough of an experience...i mean, hey, i like ya so why should anyone else find it hard to get along?? lol(as if my ipinion is the end all and be all of social life lol)

anyway, thanx for the link. that poet was fly!

Spook E said...

olu: Yes, I did go with an open mind and It turned out to be the right way to go.

the captain: The devil was absent thank God. (you crack me up capt)

cally: turned out great, thanks.

Ugo: thanks for the luck but didn't have any with the guys lol.

Tyson: Thanks Tyson. I'ma do what I'ma do. BTW, haven't seen you around these parts before. Welcome.

eliot: It went very well. Thanks. Haven't seen you before either. How u doing?

pyskot: Thanks. It was fun. Thanks for stopping by.

SSD: lol, old men need love too...even from young lovers like you :-) Do your community a service and date an old man today. you might like it.

omar: You like me...omg, I like you too. we're like, in love or something lol. I bet you've killed the show with your poetry. Go on with your literary self