Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Is it rain or is it snow? I wish the skies would just decide - and when it does I hope it settles for rain.

I though of writing a poem today inspired by the gray skies outside my window.

Something melancholic and nostalgic, something that makes you want to press your nose against the window and wish for summer and sun

or run outside and bathe in the rain like you did when you were little.

So I sat beside my window and leaned in to watch the puddles form in hollows beside the curb and snow flakes melting softly on my windowsill.

It all looked so ripe for a poem

But all I could think of were of idle dreamers just like me looking through glass, waiting to find poetic grace in dim, dull, indecisive weather.

I wonder how many poems have been inspired by rain.

PS: I think I'm going to stop using "lol". I use it way too much. lol FUCK!...starting now...

4 comments:

J Adamthwaite said...

I'm not a fan of 'LOL' myself. There again, sometimes you really do want to convey that what someone wrote made you laugh and there isn't really another successful way of doing that. I've tried 'I'm laughing' in the past but it just sounds sarcastic!

You pretty much did write a poem by the way; it just looks like a blog post.

Jaja said...

reads like a poem... you are getting all dreamy and are definitely writing a lont more these days. Has somebody found a Muse? Or is it Love?

Anonymous said...

i am sure Rain has in so many ways inspired many writings!!!There is something about rain that could be calming or that could make you sad!

Spook E said...

@j adam: Hi J, thanks for stopping by
:) <- note smiley face.

@jaja: A muse? What's that?
Love? I wish.
I thought I should put in a couple of posts a week whether I have something to say or not. I was just feeling sad the day I wrote this post.

@pink-satin: I remember you from a while back. Howz it goin?

True about rain being inspiring. I think its too easy a source of inspiration, too obvious for a poem...