Monday, June 11, 2007

Cop this, Cop that.. and still empty!

Got caught twice in my car by cops...
Twice in one week.

No I wasn't smoking pot
No was I getting head

Just sitting there both times...alone...minding my buisness.
Coincidence? of course!
Still made me go hmmm..

First time was on Tuesday.
Arrived home.
Was a little dark but... only 9:30pm...too early for spooks, too late for angels.
sat in my car getting my stuff together
saw headlights coming my way, police cruiser...
F!ck!
Tried to act normal.
Funny, I wasn't doing anything abnormal.

cruiser drove past me...PHEW!!

Then he stopped

Now wait a dog gone sec...

pulls up in reverse to a stop opposite my car
on the other side of the street.
SH!T, DaMn, FVCk, etcetera, etcetera.

HE walked up next to my car
Stunned my eyes with with his torch light

Guilty of what?
sitting in my car???
sitting in my car in the dark???
sitting in my car in the dark in a good neighborhood???

I couldn't figure it out

NOTE: Left out the more obvious "sitting in my car in the dark in a good neighborhood while being black"...I don't rush to such conclusions...but it sure did cross my mind later on!

Officer: Hello
Me: Hi
Officer: What are you doing?
Me: Getting out of my car
Officer: You live here?
Me: Yes, you?
Officer: Where's your house?
Me: Back there *pointing in the general direction*
Officer: Yes but whats your address
Me: *I give it to him and wonder afterwards if this was smart but did I really have options?*
Officer: Well ok, I was just checking to see if umm everything was fine *breaks out a smile*
Me: Thank you *break out my "sonofabitch" scowl*

Gets back into his car and slowly drives off
I mean real slow, like I could go for a walk with his car at that speed.
I get out of my car and walk to my door
I can still see him
He can definitely still see me

WTF was that about?
.............................................
Second time, Friday.
On my way from work
beautiful day outside!
Got me some fast food
Stopped at the mall but stayed in my car
in the parking lot...with other vehicles

Been engrossed with Dostoyevsky all day
had to finish a thrilling chapter...and eat lunch

30mins into the read
cruiser pulls in the lot next to me
"are you F!king kidding me??"

2 officers step out

Guilty of what this time?
Reading and eating lunch while attempting to steal a vehicle?
Absurd?
Thats all I could come up with!

Officer 1: Hey bro, what you doing here?
Me: umm..
Officer 2: Just stopped by to eat?
Me: Yeah
Officer 2: *breaks out in a laught that had a tinge of mockery to it*
Officer 1: What you got there...you reading my man?
Officer 2: *laugh is definitely insulting now*
Officer 1: Let me see what you got there my man
Me: *Turn the book over to reveal the title*
Officer 1: Crime and Punishment

*They both break out laughing, the irony eludes me for a little while and then I crack a smile*

Officer 1: Ok man, just be careful...don't leave any electronics or nothin in your car alright?
Me: Sure.

I put my food and book away and drive off
But only after I make sure they are gone.

So what lesson is to be learned...?
Still thinking, help me out!

5 comments:

Admin UD said...

Damn dude, do you have some imaginary placard, readable only by cops dat says, 'Question me please'...lol!

Good thing yu're ok! La'er

Jaja said...

Twice I have had similar experiences with the police in Port Harcourt. On both occasions I had a girl in the car. Sitting and talking the first time, she was sitting astride me playfully on the second. Need I tell you that we went as far as Olu Obasanjo police station on the second occasion?

Dostoevsky….you said? We definitely have some things in common!

BlackGirl said...

Love this line: "...too early for spooks, too late for angels."

Got Crime & Punishment waiting to be read. How far into are you?

It's crap like what you've described that makes me worry for my lil' brother. Although he's 15, to me he's still an innocent, and I hate to think he's likely to go through what you experienced. Maybe I should relocate him to Prague! :-)

Spook E said...

@blogville idols: I wish I could listen but I haven't gotten around to buying speaker for this laptop...I'm dying to hear NaijaDude sing.

@Ugo daniels: I know...I wonder if i'm on a terrorist list lol...Nigeria is half muslim so you never know

@jaja: ah memories of olu obasanjo police station lol...actually I should say DISTANT memories, I can't remember ever going there but it was very popular in Port Harcourt. i can only imagine how they dragged out of the car to the station...did they have to?

@Blackgirl: It's a really interesting read. I saw it on so list of "100 greatest books ever" and found that out of the 100 books listed, I have read exactly 0! Coincidentally I'd recently watched some documentary that featured "crime and punishment" so I thought why no start with it.

A surprisingly captivating book considering I find many classic novels a bit drearyl. This on is actually fast paced.

I'm am currently at the point when Raskolnikov (I butchered that but so many damn Russian names in the book, who cares right?) he's the protagonist, has killed 2 women (pawn broker and her sister)and is kinda sorta losing his mind. Right now he has wandered back to the crime scene (dumbass) and speaking to a couple of guys renovating the place, saying he wants to rent it and asking where the blood is (apparently been washed off). What a head case!!

but a very understandable head case once you read up to that point. Dostoy must've been a psychologist. Heck Freud must've read this book lol.

cally-waffybabe said...

LMAO at jaja. Serves you right for being naughty! lol!!!